1200 Litre Plastic Bunded Fire Protected Heating Oil Tank from Tuffa Tanks is one of the safest on the market. Rotationally moulded with UV-stabilised, corrosion-resistant polymer. Hand-fabricated with a bund capable of holding at least 110% of the primary tank’s contents. Integrally fitted fire protection system means you can install your plastic bunded oil tank adjacent to buildings and boundaries, requiring only a 300mm border without the need for externally constructed fire barriers.
- Enables you to save valuable outside space and hide your tank away behind or even inside outbuildings
- Offers a perfect solution to replace old tanks which are sited within 1.8m of buildings and structures and are incompliant with modern regulations
- Great alternative form of compliance to constructed fire barriers without the need for additional building work
- All of our fire protected tanks are bunded offering integral protection from leakage and overfilling
- Made from recyclable and corrosion-resistant polyethylene plastic
- Compatible with HVO fuel and HVO kerosene blends
- Top outlet – a 10mm top outlet for installations where oil is to be drawn out of the top of the tank, replacing the 1” bottom outlet.This tank is calibrated for anti-siphon protection up to a height of 1.6m as standard. Contact us where a greater height is required.
- Diameter – 1585
- Height – 1750mm
- Weight – 140kg
- Fire protection
- 2″ BSP fill connection with cap and chain
- Overfill prevention valve
- Manual float level gauge
- Electronic Watchman Sonic gauge
- Lockable flip lid
- 1″ bottom outlet
- Tank fittings kit (1”-1/2″ adaptor, ball valve and filter)
30 Minute Fire Protection
- Enables the installation of an oil tank a minimum of 300mm from other buildings and structures. Where access is required (e.g. at the front of the tank to fill it) then a minimum distance of 600mm is required.
60 Minute Fire Protection
- Enables the installation of an oil tank within a garage or other internal space where it is impractical to install the tank externally to the building. The tank must be installed in an uninhabitable area (e.g. a garage or outbuilding), at the lowest possible level in the building or structure. Additionally, the tank must be installed a minimum of 300mm from other internal walls and structures or 600mm where access is required
Tuffa’s fire protected oil tanks serve as an alternative means of compliance when compared to traditional fire barriers. It is the responsibility of the Competent Person installing the tank, or the building inspector certifying the installation, to ensure a site-specific risk assessment has been conducted.